My first race!
The previous Monday, I had bragged to one co-workers that I had run more than 6 miles for the first time, actually running 6.2 miles. He responded that I should run in the Crowley. I asked him how long of a race it was, and he responded that it was a 10k. I said, "gosh, I don't think I can run that far"!
Needless to say, I ran the Crowley, coming in at 50:58, and finishing in 54th overall. Not bad for a first race.
Popular Posts
-
In October of 2008, at the age of 42, I decided it was time to get in shape. It was not the first time that I had made this decision. Many...
-
One of the key moments in my transformation was a visit with an orthopedic doctor shortly after I began running. Like many new runners, I l...
-
A lot of people asked me what changed. Some think it's typical mid-life crisis. I cannot honestly say that it is not a mid-life crisis...
-
My first race! The previous Monday, I had bragged to one co-workers that I had run more than 6 miles for the first time, actually running ...
No comments:
Post a Comment