In October of 2008, at the age of 42, I decided it was time to get in shape. It was not the first time that I had made this decision. Many times throughout my life, I had made resolutions to get in shape and stay in shape. I also had three times in my life, that I had felt I had achieved what I would call "peak" condition. Peak condition is a level of fitness that the primary goal is no longer to build fitness, but to maintain it. In each of those previous times, I had about a year of consistent exercise and healthy diet, and each of those times, what maintenance really meant was "game over". Somehow, the mind-set and habits were changed, and in a very short period of time, all of those exercise and healthy eating habits were lost, and a few months later, it was like they never existed.
In October of 2008, however, something was different...
Popular Posts
-
In October of 2008, at the age of 42, I decided it was time to get in shape. It was not the first time that I had made this decision. Many...
-
One of the key moments in my transformation was a visit with an orthopedic doctor shortly after I began running. Like many new runners, I l...
-
A lot of people asked me what changed. Some think it's typical mid-life crisis. I cannot honestly say that it is not a mid-life crisis...
-
My first race! The previous Monday, I had bragged to one co-workers that I had run more than 6 miles for the first time, actually running ...
No comments:
Post a Comment